Illinois Supportive Living program is open to any resident who:
- Undergoes pre-admission screening.
- Is without diagnosis of development disability or serious and persistent mental illness
- Has had a negative TB test
- Does not participate in another federal home or community-based waiver program
Your real estate taxes are prorated the first year, and they become the responsibility of the individual owner thereafter.
You are welcome to join any activities at our other facilities, use the scheduled transportation, or designated common areas on the campus.
- As a leader in residential living for those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia-related illnesses, Betty’s Garden offers several unique features that make us different from assisted living and skilled nursing facilities:
- We are truly the residential alternative to institutional care for those with dementia. Our specially designed units are inside a specialized section of our industry-leading Assisted Living facility.
At Betty’s Garden we provide all services at a fixed, affordable rate. Our services are equally provided to all tenants, with no financial increases based on levels of care.
- Our staff is specially trained to provide personal care assistance with the activities of daily living. In addition to structured group activities, we encourage tenant participation in meal preparation, laundry, housekeeping, and putting away the groceries, all of which are effective dementia care activities.
- Betty’s Garden Coming Home program stresses a daily schedule of activities that becomes a familiar and comforting routine for those with dementia, unlike the complex and confusing monthly program calendars found in most large facilities.
- Our medication management is specifically designed for our environment, with particular attention paid to safety. Our Wellness Director and pharmacy coordinate with the physician to ensure the proper medications are prescribed and administered.
- A fundamental belief of Betty’s Garden is to gain tenant independence from inappropriate medications. Because of our staffing levels and the intimacy of our homes, we have an increased ability to observe each individual tenant. Our goal is to manage tenant behavior without the reliance on psychotropic drug therapies. Our message is clear – we are not able to cure Alzheimer’s disease; however with proper medication management we do frequently see improvements in the quality of life of our tenants.
- Our menu has been designed by a licensed dietitian, prepared daily with fresh products. The meals are prepared in our full service kitchen three times a day.
Independent Living does not include services designed to support activities of daily living such as dressing and grooming. Under this living arrangement, the tenant leads an independent lifestyle that requires no extra assistance. Assisted Living provides a special combination of housing, personalized supportive services and healthcare designed to meet the needs of those who require help with activities of daily living. A Nursing Home, also known as a Skilled Nursing Facility, has Registered Nurses who provide 24-hour care to residents who can no longer care for themselves due to physical, emotional or mental conditions.
Upon the purchase of a Villa, this means that when the time comes when you may have to downsize further to an apartment or go to our Assisted Living facility or our Nursing Home, you are a priority admission. You or your family does not have to look further for placement or worry about a wait list for entry.
There are many advantages. One of the main advantages is eliminating exterior maintenance. For other advantages, please contact us. You are now going to enjoy the retirement you have dreamed about.
- A sensible solution to the growing need for affordable housing with services
- Available to seniors aged 65 and older
- Combines apartment-style housing with personal care, support services and opportunities for socialization
- Administered through the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (IDHFS)
The monthly rental fee includes: 3 meals per day, daily housekeeping, scheduled transportation to and from shopping and other activities, beauty /barber shop, all utilities (except telephone & cable) including complete building and grounds maintenance, and peace of mind for your family knowing someone is at our desk 24 hours per day.
The monthly rental fee includes: 2 meals per day, weekly housekeeping, scheduled transportation to and from shopping and other activities, beauty /barber shop, all utilities (except telephone) including cable TV, complete building and grounds maintenance, and peace of mind for your family knowing someone is at our desk 24 hours per day.
Medicare is federal health insurance for every American 65 years of age or older. It covers acute episodes, such as hospitalization and rehabilitation after leaving a hospital. Like all insurance policies, it does not cover all the expenditures. That’s why many will purchase supplemental or “Medigap” insurance to cover co payments and deductibles. In addition, this supplemental insurance can be used to pay for non-covered expenditures such as prescriptions. In general, Medicare does NOT pay for long-term care – either in nursing homes or in an assisted living community. For more information on Medicare, please visit the Medicare website at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/medicare. Additional information on Medicare and Medigap is also available from SHIIP.
Medicaid is a state-managed healthcare and long-term care program for the financially needy. Typically, those with low income and very few assets are eligible for Medicaid. In most states, Medicaid will pay for nursing home care and some have the option of remaining in their homes and receiving in-home services. For more information, please visit the Medicaid website at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/medicaid
We are proud to offer a wide variety of physical, social and intellectual activities for all our residents.
- Discuss individual needs with the Courtyard Estates team of professionals
- Complete the following required forms
- Reservation Agreement
- Personal Health History
- Report of Physical Examination
- Supportive Living residents do not require 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Supportive Living residences are apartments, not private or semi-private rooms
- Supportive Living typically provides a more residential and independent lifestyle than a nursing home
- They both offer similar services
- Assisted living tends to be more costly
- Assisted living does not accept payment from Medicaid
- Assisted living residents generally must leave if they cannot pay
- Supportive Living residents who qualify have access to Medicaid benefits
- Supportive Living residents who qualify can stay in Supportive Living without worry about payment
While our environment has been carefully designed to care for the dementia needs of our tenants, we will carefully consider the admission of a non-dementia tenant who otherwise needs assistance with any of the activities of daily living (eating, bathing, toileting, transferring, and dressing). We recognize and support the needs of anyone who requires such assistance, and will work very closely with the family members to ensure there is a clear understanding of our environment and its suitability for their loved one.
No, it is a monthly rental rate, no endowment fee is required, however a non-refundable processing fee is required and is transferrable to our other campus facilities.
We have an Included Services Contract that is signed at closing which states we will handle lawn care, snow removal and rubbish removal for your Villa. There is a monthly fee for these services.
Each of our newly designed memory care units are equipped with a non-threatening but state of the art, security system. Each yard is protected by a secured fence. Every door of each unit is protected by an audible alarm that alerts staff when there is an unaccompanied tenant who attempts to wander outside the home.
Yes, depending on facility location you may be eligible for financial support.
Please be sure to include the resident’s first and last name when sending mail to our facility. All personal mail is delivered unopened to each resident. Upon resident or family request, helpful staff or volunteers can assist with opening and reading mail
Apartments are rented upon availability. If there is not an apartment available at that particular moment, you may pay your deposit and be placed on our waiting list. As an apartment becomes available, you will be called at which time you may accept or decline.
This is your Mom’s and your new home. You can and should be involved in every way in which you feel comfortable. Just ask yourself this question: “How can I best care for and support my loved one? What is best for her and our relationship?” Be assured that we will support you every step of the way.
This is our tenant’s home and will be your home, too, so visitors are welcome at any time. All we ask is that visitors respect the privacy and needs of the other tenants.
Tenants are required to have a primary physician of their choice. Betty’s Garden does not contract with nor have any financial relationship with any physician or physician group. We allow the primary physician access to our facility in order to minimize tenant inconvenience with travel.
Our facilities are staffed by a Licensed Practical Nurse Manager or Registered Nurse Manager, specially trained in dementia care.
Yes, each of our Betty’s Garden apartments are designed and built with private, individual bedrooms. We encourage each of our tenants (and their families) to furnish his or her own room with familiar articles or furnishings from home. However, if preferred, we will furnish each of these bedrooms with a bed and linens, wardrobe, night stand and lamp, dresser, and side chair.
When our family realized our mom was in need of a different living environment, we found Betty’s Garden Memory Care. Betty’s Garden Memory Care is a small home-like setting; it is a wonderful environment for your loved one to thrive in.
The Nurses, CNAs, RAs, & staff truly do love your loved one, as though they were their own family member. All staff is involved in ongoing education & it’s remarkable to see! The staff knows how to create those moments of joy with your loved one.
Our family would highly recommend the facility for your loved ones. The facility is beautiful & well maintained. The tenants are safe & cared for in a unique environment for Alzheimer’s & Dementia. When visiting Mom, we leave with a comfortable feeling that she is happy & well cared for.
My father’s move to Courtyard Estates this last October has allowed him and our family to enjoy a new peace of mind. First impressions of the facility and staff were that of an emotional uplifting. The staff is composed of friendly professionals with the sincere objectives of giving outstanding care and of providing for the well being of the residents rather than making a profit.
After three carefree months of his residency at Courtyard Estates dad is very comfortable and happy in his new home. I feel this is primarily due to the warm and contagious attitude of the nursing staff and administrative personnel.
The free medical transportation with a lift assisted van is a service that is provided, not just promised.Food quality is just that; quality. I have had several meals there and twice I have gone to the kitchen afterwards to ask Chef Tim how he had prepared the entrée. It is, really that good.Bottom line is just that, the value. Compare Courtyard Estates to other facilities in the area. You will pleasantly discover what we did. They offer a much higher level of service, superior care and attention.
Plus, unmatched food quality and all of this at a very surprisingly low, affordable rate. Most of all is the peace of mind for the family that there is an experienced caring professional helping you twenty-four hours a day.
My doctor called me and told me that my lab results showed I was able to stop one of my medications I take for my diabetes. He told me that Courtyard Estates of Peoria was sure doing something right with my diet! I eat the foods I enjoy and my health is improving” – Martha Anderson
Courtyard Estates staff were attentive, patient, caring and helpful to us at all times during our loved ones stay. The staff went out of their way to make sure that she was always taken care of and received whatever she requested. Staff went out of their way to ensure that her needs were taken care of, including sometimes making trips to a store on their way to work for her.
Courtyard Estates is a beautiful building, well maintained and they care about how it looks and make it look like a home for all of the residents to come home too. They take care of the building inside and out and make sure that it is decorated for all holidays.This is a small community and yet they have gone out of their way to make sure the residents of Courtyard have enough planned activities that everyone can find something to enjoy.
The activities are both activities that can be joined onsite as well as trips to stores and events in the community. Courtyard has a van that is also available to assist with physician visits.
We are very happy with Courtyard. Mom seems very satisfied and happy here! Thanks for all you do for her.
I am so impressed with the caring loving attitude of the staff from top to bottom. This facility is a real blessing to us as a family of a tenant.
We want to thank you and your staff again for all the wonderful care you gave our mom Dixie while she resided at the Legacy Estates.
The activities you have for the residents are great. Mom on her good days loved to have Jan do her hair. The family get togethers at the holiday season were very nice. Mom loved all the food there, hat is what she talked about a lot of the time was the good food.
We can’t say enough nice and good things about the Legacy, you and the staff.
If anyone would happen to ask us about the Legacy we will sure recommend it highly.
Thank you very much again! We will stop in once in awhile to see the people we got to know there.
Also I wanted to mention that we cannot say enough good things about Teresa, she is wonderful, she was so good with mom and she sure helped us when we needed any help too.
The staff at Courtyard is excellent. Very friendly, positive, and caring. My family feels very fortunate to have my mother living at Courtyard. It is a great addition to the Sullivan Community.
A Big Happy Holidays to you, The Village, Residents & Friends. Also, a big thank you for letting the Lawrence family use your private dining room for our Christmas Dinner. When we first considered having the family come to the village for Christmas dinner, we were concerned that it might not be a good idea. But after the dinner & afternoon together it was agreed that the decision was the best idea of the year!
Mom was happy that she did not have to get out in the cold The room was perfect and decorated very nice. We were impressed and pleased that you & the staff sopped by several times to see if we were doing all right and to see if we needed anything. Again a big thank you to you & The Village. Christmas could never have been better.
We are so appreciated of everything all of you did for our mother Joyce. This was the best possible situation for her. We could tell that you all loved her and cared for her and she loved the way you helped her. Thank you so much for all you did.